Friday, August 21, 2009

Welcome

Welcome! I am so excited to create this blog. The purpose of this blog is to provide creative ideas for Girls Ministry. Maybe you're asking what is Girls Ministry? That's a great question! The whole point is to focus on teaching and mentoring girls, typically grades 6th-12th.

I've been involved in this process since I was a Sophomore in high school. I started out as a camp counselor, then quickly moved into mentoring a couple of girls. We met regularly, looked at Scripture together, and sought to live as Daughters of the King - Christian women who were serving God. Eventually, I became a Sunday school teacher, started leading Bible Studies, and I led discipleship classes. I loved every minute of it!

I currently am a Student Pastor's wife, and teach a Girls Bible Study at our church. My dream is to get some of my studies published, as well as be a speaker for various church retreats and conferences. (If you're looking for someone and you're in the Tampa or Orlando area, please consider me.)

I know that I do not have the market cornered on effective Girls Ministry, nor do I have as much experience as others. I do, however, have a passion for women of all ages and want to share my knowledge with them as we live lives worthy of Christ's death. I will be sharing various ideas and past experiences on here, and hope to hear feedback on you for ideas to grow and reach out to more and more girls. I look forward to hearing from you!!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment